Assessment of the impact of transcatheter stenting of aortic coarctation on the left ventricular afterload and work using left ventricular pressure volume loops
The purpose of this study is to understand the effects of stent therapy of coarctation of the aorta on the left ventricular afterload and mechanics by obtaining intracardiac pressures and volume using a special P-V loop catheter system.
• Children 6 years of age and older and adults of all races and both sexes referred for elective cardiac catheterization and stent therapy for coarctation
• Those who provide informed consent for study participant.
• Children who undergo other interventions in addition to the coarctation
• Children with single ventricle physiology.
• Renal impairment
• Participant unwilling to sign a consent form.
Diagnostic Test: Pressure-volume loop catheter
Coarctation of Aorta
Coarctation of Aorta, COA