MT2019-38: Development and Psychometric Testing of a Pediatric Chronic Graft-Versus-Host Disease (GVHD) Symptom Scale (PCSS)
To develop a psychometrically valid Pediatric cGVHD Symptom Scale (PCSS) and a companion parent-proxy measure as counterparts to the Lee cGVHD Symptom Scale.
• INCLUSION CRITERIA: Pediatric Subject
• Children aged 5 to 17 years old, who have undergone prior allogeneic stem cell transplant
• Clinical diagnosis of cGVHD
• Currently receiving systemic treatment for cGVHD (including phototherapies), or has had systemic therapy for cGVHD tapered to discontinuation within the past 12 months
• No evidence of malignant disease relapse including molecular relapse and minimal residual disease. Patients with mixed chimerism are eligible to participate
• Parent or guardian ability and willingness to sign a written informed consent document
• Subjects must be able to comprehend and speak the English language
• Subjects may participate in both Project 1 and Project 2 of the study. Participation in Project 1 is not required in order to be eligible to participate in Project 2.
• Parent or Guardian Proxy Inclusion Criteria
• Parent or guardian of participating subject
• Must be willing and able to provide informed consent. Parent or guardian (proxy) must be able to comprehend and speak the English language EXCLUSOIN CRITERIA:
• Patients who completed systemic treatment more than 3 months prior to enrollment or are receiving topical therapy only.
• Patients may be excluded from this study if in the judgment of the Principal or Associate Investigator, the subject is too ill, or subject s cognitive ability would compromise their ability to participate in study related procedures.
Graft vs Host Disease
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation (HSCT), Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplant, Phototherapies, Graft Vs Host Disease, Natural History