The TrialNet Natural History Study of the Development of Type 1 Diabetes
30 Months to 45 Years old
• Individuals 2.5 to 45 years old who have an immediate family member with type 1 diabetes (such as a child, parent, or sibling)
• Individuals 2.5-20 years old who have an extended family member with type 1 diabetes (such as a cousin, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle, grandparent, or half-sibling)
• Individuals 2.5-45 years old without a type 1 diabetes proband, who are known to have 1 or more islet antibody are eligible for screening if needed to determine eligibility for a clinical trial to delay or prevent disease progression.
Exclusion Criteria:To be eligible a person must not:
• Have diabetes already
• Have a previous history of being treated with insulin or oral diabetes medications.
• Currently be using systemic immunosuppressive agents (topical and inhaled agents are acceptable)
• Have any known serious diseases
Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
"at risk" for developing type 1 diabetes, T1DM, T1D, juvenile diabetes, Type 1 Diabetes TrialNet, TrialNet
Antoinette Moran - email@example.com
NCT00097292See this study on ClinicalTrials.gov