A Registry for Participants With Chronic Hypoparathyroidism
• Participants diagnosed with chronic hypoparathyroidism, that is, hypoparathyroidism with a duration of longer than 6 months, including:
• Adult participants (greater than or equal to [>=] 18 years of age) who are receiving for chronic hypoparathyroidism any of the following options: standard therapy, standard therapy plus rhPTH(1-84), or rhPTH(1-84) therapy alone.
• Pediatric participants (less than [<] 18 years of age) who are receiving for chronic hypoparathyroidism any of the following options: standard therapy, standard therapy plus rhPTH(1-84), or rhPTH(1-84) therapy alone.
• Participants or legally acceptable representatives unable to provide informed consent.
• Participants using rhPTH(1-34) or who used rhPTH(1-34) for more than 2 years are excluded. Participants who had been treated with rhPTH(1-34) within 3 months of enrollment are also excluded as are participants currently using rhPTH(1-34). FOR US SITES ONLY: Participants treated with rhPTH(1-84) prior to the US recall may use rhPTH(1-34) only while rhPTH(1-84) is unavailable due to the recall.
• Participants currently enrolled in an interventional clinical study (whether or not the study is related to hypoparathyroidism); note that this does not include participants enrolled in other observational registries.
• History of hypoparathyroidism resulting from impaired responsiveness to PTH (pseudohypoparathyroidism).
Other: No intervention
Chronic Hypoparathyroidism, rhPTH(1-84), Observational study, parathyroid hormone (PTH), Drug registry, rhPTH(1-34)
NCT01922440See this study on ClinicalTrials.gov